Tuesday, May 10, 2016

WE ARE STILL FRIENDS!


https://soundcloud.com/mill_trill/city-of-hope


SO MY KID IS NOW ALL GROWN UP.

There are so many things that I wish he'd done that he chose not (failed) to do.  Yet, he has been successful.  His worldview is his own, but I can see the hand I have had in it.  My desire to assist him has not waned.  Not at all.

The question is, how???  

The answer is simple:  You have to let your children make their own mistakes.  You have to let go and let them walk out into the world.  Stay in their corner, but stay in their corner.  Don't go chasing behind them.  Malachi's prom date--her mother actually went to the Prom!  She said, "Are you going?"  I was like, "Nooooo."  What in the world??? I know my kid is a good kid.  I know if them two wanna roll around somewhere, I can do nothing to stop it, LIKE CRASH THEIR PROM.  

He made it back.  She left her flip-flops, though.

So this "City of Hope" track.  I like it.  I found it on my own, while  I was revisiting "World Traveler" from 2014.  I love technology.  Soundcloud redirected me to Malachi's new stuff, and it has got real potential.

So I decided to come on back to the blog.

Thanks for taking the time to read it.  No matter how long I neglect it, it is always there waiting, just like an old friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment